We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Hi! I hope you all are having a great week so far! I have been on bed rest for the past few days because my fibromyalgia has kicked up to high gears. It sucks because it hurts when I stand up or when I move. This always happens when the seasons change and the weather changes, but it is starting to get better, so that is a good thing. However, now that it is Spring, it is a mad house trying to get usual groceries and things, and I am trying to be healthier, the one thing that is sort of my weakness is bread. I am sure everyone loves bread, but sometimes, you just don’t have the energy to make your own bread.
Well, I have a little solution which is a bread machine. I received mine from my mom, but it didn’t come with a manual, so I have done a lot of trial and errors to figure it out. If you already have a bread machine and knows how it works, then great! However, if you are new to bread machines, making bread, or any of the sort, then I will be sharing my tips below in the recipe.
This recipe is semi-healthy, so it is half whole wheat flour and half regular flour or I should say that is it mostly whole wheat flour and some regular flour. I have made this recipe a few times now for my daughter’s peanut butter and jelly sandwich for school. I have also toasted a piece and put a little butter and jam on it….yummy! This bread is fluffy and so good plus I know all of the ingredients in it.
So, with no further ado, here is the recipe:
- bread machine
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 3 TBS Honey
- 2 ¾ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 packet Active Dry Yeast
- Put in all the wet ingredients into the bread machine.
- Put in all the dry ingredients, but before you put in your yeast, make a little well in the dry ingredients, then put in your yeast.
- Turn on your bread machine and select the dough program as it will only make your dough. However, if you want to make the whole bread in your machine, then select the whole wheat option.
- Once the dough is done, put some flour on a flat surface and knead the dough a little bit (not a lot) and shape it into the loaf pan. Then, place a towel on top and put it in a warm place to rise a second time for about an hour. For the second rise, I put the loaf pan in my oven (it was off) and then take it out before turning the oven on.
- When the dough is done rising, take it out and make sure that it has doubled in size. If it has risen, then turn your oven on 350° and bake it for 30 minutes.
- After baking, let it cool down slightly, cut it, and place it in a bread bag. Viola! Homemade Semi-Healthy Bread!
Welp…and there you are….homemade bread at your fingertips. It is a simple, easy, and yummy recipe. I hope you all enjoy! As always, have a great weekend and I will see you in the next post!