We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Hi! Do you have a child that loves dinosaurs? Then, you are like me. My daughter loves dinosaurs and would want anything and everything that has dinosaurs in it. However, this past week, I had a craving for oatmeal cookies and when I looked in my pantry, I did not have any quick or rolled oats. But…I did have some dinosaur egg oatmeal that my daughter loves. So, it got me thinking, “Should I use this in cookies?” or “This is crazy, but this might be genius.” So, I did it folks. I put this kid friendly oatmeal into cookies. The result?? It was delicious!!
I mean, this cookie hits the spot and it has become my new favorite cookie! Plus, it is really cool because the dinosaurs get discovered while you are eating it, so it would be really fun for kiddos! Or maybe it could get them to eat oatmeal or eat something relatively healthy. Anyways, since this was a genius experiment with good results (yes, I did feel like a scientist, maybe I am becoming like Rick from Rick and Morty haha), I decided to share my recipe and tips with you guys.
Here is the recipe:
Dinosaur Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
1 stick of butter (softened)
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of sugar
1 large egg
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
3 small packs of Dinosaur Eggs Oatmeal (this will be the equivalent to 1 and 1/2 cups)
3/4 cup of flour
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
1 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. (this will take 5 minutes, so put the mixer on low to medium speed and put the timer on)
- Then, add the egg and vanilla and mix it until it is combined.
- Scrape the sides, then start adding the oatmeal packets, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined. Then, add the chocolate chips and put your mixer on stir speed (the lowest setting) until it is all combined.
- Spray your baking sheet with cooking spray, scoop the cookie dough out one by one and roll them into little balls, then press lightly to flatten, put plastic wrap on top, and put them into the fridge overnight. *A quick note on this, I have made this both ways of keeping them cold overnight and straight out baking them, and they are the best when they are chilled, so fight the temptation and keep them cold overnight.*
- In the morning, set your oven to 350°, then bake them for 11 minutes. When they are done, let them sit for about 10 minutes to cool down, then volia! You have dinosaur chocolate chip oatmeal cookies! Watch out for the dinosaurs as they can pop out at you while you eat! *Another special note: when you put them in a jar, bag, or cookie stand, put one slice of bread in it to keep them soft.*
I will warn you that once you take a bite out of these, they will become irresistible. These have never lasted more than 1-2 days in my house because they are a triple threat cookie. Meaning that this could be a great snack, dessert, or a quick breakfast on the go.
That is all for this post and I do hope you enjoy these cookies as much as my family has! These are a rawr-derful treat for the whole family! And who says that dinosaurs can’t make a come back ha! Anyways, be a friend and click below to subscribe, share, or follow me. And as always, I hope you all have a great weekend and I will see you in the next post!