We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
It’s October y’all! It is time for everything pumpkins, apples, cooler weather, and cookies! However, now that I am trying my best to eat healthier, I have to start thinking about my cookie recipes.
Usually, about this time of year, I start to make my husband’s other favorite cookie, snowballs. I will admit that we all love these chocolate chip snowballs because it’s a shortbread kinda gooey cookie with a powdered sugar outside. It’s so yummy and we have to stop ourselves or else we would eat the whole entire plate.
Well, again we are trying to eat healthier, so I have been experimenting with my recipe and found this simple alternative to the recipe that will make us not feel guilty for going over to the dark side of sweet cookie bliss. There is also another good thing about this cookie is that there is NO oil or NO eggs! Yes, there is no oil, eggs, or added calories to this, so if you are a cookie dough lover, then this might be for you too!
Again, I only make these for the Fall and Winter seasons because that’s when I usually get a craving for these cookies and let me tell you that my husband is just waiting for it because I up my baking around this time of year, so he is like a bear waiting to get it’s honey every time I bake. Anyway, here is my recipe for these delicious, yet a little healthy snowball cookies!
Semi Healthy Chocolate Chip Snowballs:
1 cup of unsalted butter, softened or at room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla (I was out of vanilla, so I used 1 teaspoon of light maple syrup-can’t tell a difference)
2 3/4 cups of whole wheat flour plus 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup of mini chocolate chips
Additional powdered sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray. I have used the Target brand cookie sheets and they are non-stick, so I didn’t have use any of this.
- Mix the butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla (or syrup) in a mixer until it is light and fluffy. I put a timer on for about 4 to 5 minutes and just let it do it’s work.
- Add the flour and the salt into the mixer and stir everything until the dough comes together.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, then it’s time to put them on the cookie sheet. I use a cookie scooper, but you can use a spoon to scoop them out. Anyway, I scoop out about 1 tablespoon of dough and place it on the sheet. With these, you do not have to do anything else, just plop them on the sheet and you are done.
- Depending on your oven, bake each batch for about 8-10 minutes. With my oven, I bake them for 10 minutes. After they are done, let them cool down to the point that you can handle them in your hand.
- Fill a separate bowl with some powdered sugar (I usually need about a cup). When the cookies are done cooling down, roll them in the powdered sugar and put them on the platter.
Voila! Chocolate Chip Snowballs!
There you have it, my recipe for these non guilty cookies. I hope you enjoy them and since I am talking about this, I need to go and eat some more. I hope you enjoyed reading! As always, I hope you have a great weekend and I will see you in the next post!