We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Good afternoon everyone! I have been swamped with getting my daughter prepared for her first day of school, getting myself ready for my classes, and preparing for the storm that just passed. Whew! A parent’s job never ends, but I would not trade it in for the world. It keeps me busy. However, with all of these activities keeping me busy, I needed a meal that was quick and that was easy to make. I was feeling like eating chicken, so I went looking for some recipes.
I found some recipes, but I wanted my own little twist. So I took some tips from some recipes, made my own little twist, tried it, and now it is one of my favorite recipes. It is baked chicken, but it is a somewhat semi healthy version. The first thing I do is that I cut a chicken breast into chicken tenders, marinate them in greek yogurt, roll them in breading, and then bake them.
This recipe is really simple with letting the chicken marinate for at least an hour. I did this before I had to pick up my daughter from school. After my husband came home, it was time to bake the chicken. All it took was about 20 minutes to bake and boom…dinner was done!
Simple, easy, and delicious! Here is the recipe:
Semi Healthy Baked Chicken
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts (You can use the whole chicken breast or cut them into tenders)
- 12 oz Greek Yogurt
- 2 sleeves Ritz Whole Wheat Crackers
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- Seasoning to taste (I used salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and Cajun seasoning, but you can use whatever seasoning you like)
- Cut the chicken breasts into tenders or keep the chicken breasts whole. Put them in a gallon Ziploc bag.
- Start the marinade. In a bowl, add the greek yogurt and your seasoning, stir it together and then pour it into the bag with the chicken. Let the chicken marinate for at least an hour. When it has been an hour, start your oven at 400° and then start on the breading.
- In a small Ziploc bag, crush up 2 sleeves of Ritz crackers. Then, place the crushed crackers into a small bowl and add the 1/2 cup of flour. Stir and place the breading onto a plate or in a small casserole dish.
- Start taking the marinated chicken and placing them in the breading to coat both sides.
- Put them on a baking sheet and bake them for 20-22 minutes until they are cooked through. Voila! Semi healthy baked chicken!
There you have it…a recipe for baked chicken that is simple and easy to make. I am telling you at full disclosure that this might become your next favorite recipe. I know it is one of my fave recipes now and I will definitely put it into my family’s meal rotation. Well, that is it for this week and I hope you all enjoyed reading. If you have made this recipe, I would love to know how it turned out for you or what seasonings you used, so let me know in the comments. As always, I hope you all have a great weekend and I will see you in the next post!